NAIROBI, Kenya, May 26 – Controversial Preacher Paul Mackenzie forcefully made his followers die through starvation while coordinating with vicious bouncers and scouts who manned the three villages where his followers fasted to death.
Interior Cabinet Secretary Kithure Kindiki painted a picture before senators of how the bouncers tormented and forcefully killed the followers in the event they took long to die.
Kindiki told senators the hired bouncers would cook and dine on a highly balanced diet as the starving followers watched.
“The bouncers were supervising the death of our people were actually cooking on the grave side. They dug grave in advance and if you change your mind and for whatever reason you are taking too long to die they would kill you,” he said.
“The menu was more of a ‘three-star’ hotel menu, it was quite a highly balanced diet,” Kindiki added.
The government has identified ten more mass graves though satellite images have shown there could be more graves in the 800-acre parcel of land.
Pieces of evidence obtained have shown that Mackenzie was on a mission of organizing huge mass graves to bury more people.
“His recruitment would have been continuous but we also suspect that more of his followers are scattered not within 800 acres but some are collated into the neighboring Tsavo national park,” the Interior CS stated.
So far 241 people have died while 91 others were rescued in the operation being conducted by multi agencies.
The operation has so far been halted as the Malindi Sub County Hospital Mortuary is currently full of bodies exhumed during the operation.
Kindiki said there were forced to stop the exhumation exercise Friday last week due to allow logistical preparation for the Phase two post mortem exercise.
“We have to do it in bits because the Malindi sub county hospital mortuary,the space is limited. We are using a temporary mortuary next to the permanent mortuary to help with the capacity,” he stated.
In the 93 DNA Samples that have been taken thus far, 19 people have been reunited with their families though they have remained in police custody to help in the ongoing investigation exercise.
Mackenzie’s diet was made public Thursday showing how he feasted on heavy breakfast, lunch and dinner–while convincing his followers to starve themselves to death so as to meet Jesus.
The controversial figure behind the Good News International Church even had a menu detailing his daily diet borrowing from top hotels.
A detailed menu found pinned at the door of Mackenzie’s homestead sheds light on his eating routine, which starkly contrasts the deprivation he advocated for his followers.
According to the menu, Mackenzie would have a hearty breakfast and skip supper only twice a week.
On Mondays, he would consume bread and vegetables for breakfast and forgo supper altogether.
Tuesdays saw him having ugali (a cornmeal dish) and vegetables for breakfast, followed by porridge for supper.
Wednesdays consisted of breakfast with spaghetti and supper with porridge.
Mackenzie would have muthokoi (maize meal) for breakfast on Thursdays, again followed by porridge for supper.
Fridays involved having ugali and vegetables for breakfast, with supper omitted.
Saturdays brought tea and chapati for breakfast, and once again, porridge for supper.
Sundays included breakfast with rice and vegetables, and he would conclude his day with porridge for supper.
Evidence outside Mackenzie’s house revealed remnants of chicken feathers, indicating that he occasionally consumed chicken, while goat bones were also visible on the premises.
While starvation appears to be the main cause of death, some of the victims — including children — were strangled, beaten or suffocated, according to chief government pathologist Johansen Oduor.